8 June 2013

Further Adventures of the Particle People....

I've been playing with particles again, but this time in Maya rather than Realflow.

An ex-student of mine was having issues with particle goals and so, the charitable guy that I am, I helped him out and became interested in the potential for the effects that could be created using the workflow that I had developed for him.

This is a short clip that I made as an initial investigative test to loosely attach particles to a moving object......



I figured that it would be a bit more interesting to composite the effect to some live action rather than just show another proof of concept in the Maya workspace. It was was a very quick job that adds a bit more narrative to the effect and also allowed me to brush up on my tracking and compositing skills.

I'll certainly be developing my understanding of the particle systems in Maya and will post any interesting findings that I have when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment